Friday, October 22, 2010

Okinawa, Japan September-October 2010

I flew over Sept 21-22. That week-end we went to a couple of beaches.


Bay of Pacific Ocean from Camp Courtney.


Toguchi Beach on the East China Sea.


Uken Beach.



White Beach on the Pacific.


The Pacific bay near Camp Hansen, where Mike works.



Their neighbor roto-tilling in his haz-mat suit.


Linda & I along with Michelle & Juanita Russell went to the Botanical Gardens.




The fruit of the common
screw pine.


October 4th, made this
blessing outfit.



October 6th, Paige Elizabeth
Barton was born.

October 7th, I made this
blessing dress.





Happy parents


Proud grandparents

October 9th, Bill, Mike & I
took a battlefield tour.

Kakaroa Ridge
(125 steps that I didn't climb)

The rope for the Naha tug-of-War
on October 10th.

Underground Naval headquarters.


Peace Gardens

Suicide Hill


The three main hills that took
so long to capture.


Their 3-story chapel.


Happy parents (so goodlooking that they are here twice).
Paige was blessed on 10 October 2010 in the branch president's
office by her father.

Monday, 11 October, we all went to
Ryukyu-Moru. An Okinawan cultural
center.



Special blessings for the baby.

Bill & I danced with the group.


All of us with the royal house.

Bill & I are holding traditional
Okinawan instruments.

This lion wants to eat the baby.


Water buffalo crushing sugar cane
to make brown sugar.


Dancers & drummers.

Time to sayy good-bye.

1 comment:

Anne Dixon said...

It looks so pretty there! If only i had a private airplane to fly me there so i could see it for myself!