Thursday, June 2, 2011

Busy Six Months Jan-June 2011

When we left our mission a year ago--people predicted that we would be bored and be back on another mission by now. Well, I thought that I would tell you a little about my last six months!


I made this flannel quilt in January from blocks that I had made and crocheted snowflakes.





Then Linda and Paige came to visit and I made this Courthouse Steps quilt for Paige.



With left-over fabric I made this one that is tied and machine quilted.

Bill & I went to Florida for a week early in March (who knows where the pictures are--we got a new computer in middle of the month).



When we got home I pieced this Flower Basket top--it isn't quilted yet.

Bill & I serve in the Washington, DC Temple every Wednesday and Bill goes again on Friday. We also do indexing and I have done almost 10,000 names since the first of the year.

Dale City Ward and Prince William Ward are combining to make quilts for the Humanitarian Center in Salt Lake City. I made 15 double-sided receiving blankets and knit 6pairs of mittens to be sent with the quilts.





This is a 72"x 90" top pieced from the scraps of the flower basket top.



Another 72" x 90" top--it is red, white & blue--not gray and back. Blame the sunlight for washing it out.

And then I finished three quilts.



#1--flannel, tied in shades of green--crib size 45" x 60".



#2--flannel, quilt as you sew, also 45" x 60".



#3--flannel, quilt as you go--45" x 60".


Also worked on Family History Book and collected and published a family cook book.


It has been a busy half year!!

No comments: